Sunday, January 10, 2010

Roads are red.

Its Sunday mornning at 9:09 am in the Hirsch household. One of my daughters is sleeping, the other is curled up on her little "couch" watching Kai Lan, I hear my husbands soft deep breathing as he's sleeping soundly on the couch. The snow is falling lightly outiside, the clouds are making the morning a dull gray. The snow plow hasn't come by yet, at least not that I'm aware of. The roads are covered with snow. The house is a little cold because we don't have real heaters, and the radiator heaters we do have, half of them don't work. I have to do laundry today, but I'll probably have to wait, we have 5 washers and 5 dryers in the basement to share between 9 families. All of the families have at least 4 people, some have 5, some have more. Most military families have smaller children, so the laundry is piled up higher for them, and don't forget the teenagers, I don't know about you, but when I was a teenager, I threw clothes on the floor trying to find something to wear and by the end of the week, my laundry was piled up to high heaven because I couldn't remember what was clean and what wasn't.
I'm sitting here on my little dark brown leather recliner thinking about the laundry, thinking about the dishes and kitchen that need cleaning, thinking about the fact that we don't have much in the way of food, and a commissary run would have been nice today, but with the roads, I'm thinking throwing something together sounds more feasible to me. I'm also thinking about the closet that needs to be gone through, the books that need to be put away, the clothes I have to go through, and any other things that I should be doing. I'm thinking that tomorrow I'll make it to the gym, or at least do something at the house if I can't get to the gym. I'm thinking that maybe I should walk to the dental assistant information meeting tomorrow, so I don't have to drive on this...but its cold, and my van is already wrecked, so I guess it doesn't much matter, maybe the roads will be more clear tomorrow.
My mind is running a million miles a second, what Mom out there has a one track mind? My mind is everywhere all the time, since having kids. I really should write down all that needs to be done, but then again, I just want to relax, and curl up on the couch and read to Sierra, or make something in the kitchen with Autumn, or even play a video game with my husband (shhh...don't tell him that). The eerie quietness in the house is so soothing. I enjoy waking up early and while today I only woke up at 6:15 and read in bed until about 8:30 when Sierra wanted to "snuggle." Then she was too hungry to snuggle and we ended up tiptoeing our way into the living/dining/kitchen area, and getting some kix together for breakfast. Now she's watching tv, and nobody else is awake in the house, with the exception of her and me. The dog is even snoring soundly on her bed, and the cat is probably curled up with Autumn this morning, sleeping as well. Must be the weather.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>