Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Picked up Paul, car accident, oh my!

Sunday afternoon I went to pick up Paul at the Frankfurt airport, after driving around the airport for almost an hour, he finally got in the van. I found out that his bags were not with him. The airlines had left them in Atlanta, just great fun. So we decided to stop off for some lunch/dinner at the KMCC mall. I had a delicious bbq chicken wrap and some loaded fries from Charleys. Very yummy, but very bad too. We were all exhausted by then. So we came home, as I was driving over the hill to turn into the area where we go through the gate, the vans brakes locked up, and I went sliding right into a rock and a sign. It was HORRIBLE. The accident happened around 4:30 or so, we were all exhausted at this point, and I know that maybe if I wasn't so tired, I could have made a better decision about where the van ended up, but it happened, and there is nothing I can do about it now. The van was stuck. We waited for the MP's to show up, and they had to take statements, yada yada yada. We were literally there for almost 2 hours. We had planned on picking up Lexi, but of course, our plans went completely to hell. We finally came back to the house, still with the MP taking our statements, asking questions, and he left around almost 7 o' clock. I was miserable, crying off and on. I mean the last thing we needed was to have another 500 dollar deductible. Needless to say, we are going to have to really watch where we are spending money. Seems like one thing after another.
Monday, Paul had to go in for formation, they almost made him stay, but luckily he was able to come home (he didn't have his uniforms from Delta yet). We both ended up passing out for a good four hours in the morning, and then ran to the commissary, and ran a few more errands. He had to get a haircut, we also got all of our mail, and ran to the px to get a few things as well. We came back to pick up the girls from school and went over to Danielle's house to pick up Lexi. When we got home, the dog puked, I don't think she's sick, I think maybe it was just some car sickness, so she's okay. Paul finally got his bags around 6:30 pm last night and we just ate some Popeyes for dinner. We've GOT to stop doing that. I love Popeyes, but my waistline really does not....speaking of waistlines...
Yesterday my weight was 206.0, it went back up from all the crap that I ate last night to 207.8 this morning though. I was examining my body in the mirror after my shower today, and was just utterly grossed out. I've got to work on losing some more weight. Today I decided against going to the gym though. I still don't feel all that great, so I took some cold medicine and I feel a little bit better. I still don't feel up to working out though. I'm really going to have to EASE into working out again. I really wish I had a treadmill, but between us maybe leaving in July, and now the van has to be fixed, we really don't have the money for anything that big, or that extra righ now. Nor do we really have the room. I could make room, probably, but I don't really think it will work out. Hopefully we can save enough money for us to be able to buy one to put in a house that we buy in fort hood. We'll see though, and that really isn't for quite sometime. Hell, maybe I'll even be able to buy one off of craigslist or something crazy. I feel so heavy and gross right now though. I mean I haven't been this heavy since before Paul left for Iraq since we've been here. I was about 211, and before that my heaviest was 223. Talk about gross. Now I'm only a few lbs away from all that. Its got to stop. Sooo, I'm trying to resolve to do better. My food is what hurts the most. For example: today I ate some fiber one cereal with some banana, and some ff milk. Good breakfast right? I was still hungry around 9:30, so I ended up eating the leftover mashed potatoes and red beans and rice from last night. Ick. I mean well, its very yummy, but ick for my diet. I'll pick myself back up and try again though. I'm going to have a turkey wrap when I get hungry later, it has hummus, turkey, red bell pepper strips, and lettuce on a whole wheat tortilla, so its yummy. I usually have an apple to go with it. Tonight for dinner, I haven't decided if I am going to in fact make the tuna helper, or go ahead and go for the chili that I've been wanting. Either way, I'm going to do one or the other today. Tuna helper isn't exactly healthy, but I'll make a salad, and some reduced fat crescent rolls with it. The chili is healthy though, and I'm going to make some milk free cornbread with it...just a new recipe, and I'm also going to make a light boston cream pie cake too. I'm making a lot of chili, so that we can have a chili dog tomorrow, and a frito pie the next night or something. Hopefully it will end up being cheaper that way. Can't be spending thousands of dollars right now. Or just dollars, period.
I woke up this morning with Paul, I think I'm going to try to keep this up, waking up with him in the mornings. I was able to do the dishes, clean up the kitchen a bit. Get Autumn up and ready, get Sierra up and ready and Autumn had time to play for a little bit. Sierra has just been taking forever eating so she hasn't had much extra time, but I like doing this, and I think I'm going to keep it up. Plus I can eat breakfast at 7 and by 9 workout until 10 or 11, and come home, shower, eat lunch and do anything else I need to do. I think thats a good schedule personally. I had planned on doing some of the laundry that he's piled up, but I have to go back to the commissary for the rest of the chili fixin's. I may try to start a few loads later when I get back or something. My house is soooo messy right now, Paul has all of his stuff piled up all over in the living room. He swears it will go away...but I'll believe it when I see it. He pretty much emits messes, if it wasn't for me, he'd probably live in filth. But wouldn't most men?
Alright, I better be going. I have to drive the van again sometime, putting it off won't do me any good when I have errands to run. The bumper looks just plain awful, dented, paint scratched off and orange paint scratched on it. I can't wait to get it fixed, but I may have to wait till the 15th to ensure that we have enough money to pay for it. I refuse to dig into savings anymore. Really sucks that we have to save so much money too, I really wanted to go back to Poland, and Italy and Amsterdam, but I'm not sure we'll be able to now, sigh....until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!