Thursday, January 28, 2010

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup...



This is by far and above, the absolute BEST chicken noodle soup I've ever had.  AND-I MADE IT!  Wow this soup was bursting with flavor through every bite, cleared out the sinus', and everyone in my family loved it.  I really wish I could give all of you a taste of it, it was really THAT good.
I used a basic recipe for my base from allrecipes.com.  But then I completely and totally made it my own.  I'm not even sure I can completely duplicate everything I did, I don't know the measurments at all...sorry!  I really wish I had measured, but why dirty up more dishes?  I hope in the future I'll be able to duplicate this deliciousness, and next time, I'll be measuring stuff out to try to get it just right, and repost again.  For now, here is what I did!



Chicken Noodle Soup
1 tbl butter (I used the light butter that LofL makes)
1 1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cup sliced celery
2 cup sliced carrots
2 cloves garlic
about a tbl of olive oil
1/2 lb or so, of uncooked chicken breasts, chopped up into bite side pieces
2 boxes of Chicken Broth (you know the 32 oz box things of them)
1 can vegetable broth
basil
oregano
salt
seasoned salt
garlic pepper
pepper
poultry seasoning
thyme
garlic salt
condensed cream of potato soup
Tonys seasoning
4 cups dried egg noodles
First, make sure your pot is heated to medium-high.  Throw butter, onion, garlic, and carrots into a big pot (I used an 8 quart pot), I let those simmer for about 3-4 minutes, then I threw in the celery, and I sauteed for 4 more minutes.  Then I threw in the chopped up uncooked chicken, and mixed all of it up, so that the chicken was turning whitish, but not browning, I would say another 3-4 minutes.  Then add the chicken broth, vegetable broth, basil, oregano, salt, garlic pepper, pepper, poultry seasoning, thyme and garlic salt to taste.  Let simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.  Add cream of potato soup.  Let simmer covered, another 10 minutes.  In the meantime, make the egg noodles in a seperate pot and drain. Add pasta to the soup mixture.  Then add some seasoned salt, and tony's seasoning to the mix, all to taste, make sure you don't over do it with tonys, he'll bite ya!   Simmer an additional 5 minutes to make sure the flavors meld together really well.  Serve, and enjoy!  I know I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>