Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blackberry Cobbler...


Very yummy, absolutely delicious!  Also very homemade...didn't know if I could pull it all off, but I managed to make some oven fried chicken, mashed potatoes, my special bacon greenbeans, and this wonderful blackberry cobbler.  It was very yummy.  Of course I tweaked it to make it my own, as always.  And it wasn't the easiest recipe to make, so all of my hardwork and effort came together.  The ingredients were easy though, and that made things better by far!

BLACKBERRY COBBLER
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
*1 1/2 cups flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup milk
2 cups frozen blackberries
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I used a bunch of sprinkles of sweet caramel sprinkle made by Pampered Chef, of course)
2 tbl sugar

Melt 1/2 cup butter in a 10 inch round baking pan. Set Aside
In a saucepan, heat sugar and water until melted.  Set aside.
Place flour mixture in bowl, cut in remaining butter until crumbly.  Add milk, stir until dough leaves sides of bowl.  Turn out onto floured surface.  Knead 3-4 times.  Roll to about 11x9 rectangle, about 1/4 in thick.  Spread berries over dough, sprinkle with sweet caramel sprinkle, or use the cinnamon. (I used more than 1/2 tsp of the sprinkle, I probably used about a tbl worth or two) Roll up jelly roll style.  Cut into 1/4 in thick slices, carefully lay slices in baking dish over butter.
Pour sugar syrup all over slices.  Bake at 350 for 45 min (Since I was making other things, I had to bake mine at 425 for 30 min). Sprinkle with sugar over top, bake another 15 minutes more.  (Again, I ended up baking for the same amount of time, but the heat was at 375 instead).

All in all, a good recipe!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>