Friday, January 29, 2010

Books I've read this year so far...

Every now and then I'd like to do a post about the books I've read thus far this year.  I'd love to see exactly how many books I can read in one year.  Since today is the 29th of January, and I find it highly unlikely I'm going to finish my new book by the end of it.  I'll count these books as my January finished reads:

January

The Host By Stephenie Meyer

I absolutely LOVED this book and recommend it to anyone who likes a good science fiction novel.  At the beginning, it did confuse me a little, and if you've read the Twilight books, this is NOT the same writing that you are used to.  Its definately for adults, and not tweens and up.  (Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Twilight, it was just written for a younger audience.)  I started reading it right before I got on the plane to go to Texas for my vacation.  I didn't get much reading done since we were so busy, but when I got to my moms house, I didn't want to put it down.  Finally a few days after being home, I finished it.  I love a book that when you finish it, you are actually sad that its over, and thats exactly how I felt about it.  I've heard rumors that Stephenie Meyer will be coming out with some sequels, but until I see it on the preorder, or that its available, I'm not going to hold my breath.  The book could end the way it did, or it could have a sequel, either way, it was an excellent read, and a book I'll want to keep for forever!

Marked By P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

I have this fascination with all things vampire.  I've a lot of the Anne Rice books, loved the Twilight books, and I'm just fascinated with vampire type things.  I love True Blood (haven't read the books, but I want to, but I love the show), and I also watch Vampire Diaries as well.  So, literally when I saw these books in the bookstore a while ago, I thought I might be interested in them.  When I was in Texas, we went to Costco, and almost all of them were there, I got the first four books to read.  All for much cheaper than anywhere else I'd seen them.  After I finished The Host, I started reading Marked.  At first it was a bit of struggle, definately a younger audience type book.  But I was interested, and wanted to see where it took me.  This first book was only okay in my opinion.  But since I bought the first four I figured I'd better read them at the very least.

Betrayed By PC Cast and Kristin Cast

In this book, things definately got a lot more interesting.  I'm still a highschooler at heart I guess, and I liked the whole book, it was better than the first, but not as great as the Twilights in my opinion.

Chosen By PC Cast and Kristin Cast

Again, things got more interesting, and I really liked this book, so I was getting to the point where I wanted to read them, and I was reading through them pretty quickly.  Its a different style writing than in Twilight, and I liked it, so I read the next book in the series.

Untamed By PC Cast and Kristin Cast

Things were starting to get better and better.  The writing was now speaking to me, the thought processes were better, and I enjoyed this book as well.  My only complaint...these books are very fast reads, and they are kind of short.  They could have put some of these books together to make a longer book, but they are easier to hold this way!

Hunted By PC Cast and Kristin Cast

Very good, couldn't wait to get to the next one to see what was coming up next!

Tempted By PC Cast and Kristin Cast

This is my favorite so far. This is the last in the series for now. There is another one coming out soon. But I couldn't and didn't want to put it down. I read through this one in a manner of days, and really wanted to grab that next one, but it won't be out until April, I guess I'll have to wait!

Started: The Law of Nines By Terry Goodkind

My husband just read this book, he suggested that I read it, so last night I started reading it.  I love Terry Goodkinds The Sword of Truth Novels, so I am definately interested in seeing what comes up in this novel.  I'll probably have a more in depth review when I finish this book, probably in February!

So far in January I've read: 7 books.  Now the House of Night Novels were shorter, but hey I can count them too.  I'm excited to see what I read, and think about with Februarys books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>