Thursday, March 25, 2010

Its been a long couple of days

We've been waiting for our orders that we should have recieved on Tuesday, but to no avail.  I'm not sure when we'll get them at this point.  Paul is leaving for the field soon and won't be back until sometime in May.  According to regulation we should be leaving in June or July.  Its definately stressful moving from one country to another.  All the waiting, the appointments you have to make, the cleaning, and going through things, wondering whether you'll be over or under your weight limit.  Not to mention if you have animals, and how to get them home.  We were waiting for orders, so that we could make appointments for air travel, we want to go through Lufthansa if its at all possible so that the animals can travel with us.  Thats the biggest thing right now.  Besides, there are a LOT of people coming and going during the summer, and its the worst time to travel.  Everything may end up being backlogged, and then we'll have to wait longer.  I'm not a fan of that idea at all.  I usually don't mind moves at all.  But the overseas move, if I have to do it ever again, it will be too soon!  I haven't minded living overseas too much until recently, but at this point, I cannot wait to get back to the states.
Today, my oldest is home sick.  She wasn't feeling well this morning, and is congested and coughing a lot.  So I let her stay home.  But staying at home isn't very fun.  She has to lay in bed all day and get better.  She said she feels better and could go to school now, lol.  Its noon, and I'm not sending her to school for two hours, but I'm glad my kids know that its not fun staying at home when you are sick.  I don't want them trying to pull that whole I don't feel good let me stay at home thing.  We do let them come with us when we are traveling and they are able to miss school somedays because of that.  But its Europe and what would you expect, ya know?
I started reading a new book.  The River King, by Alice Hoffman.  We'll see how it goes.  I haven't read as many books as I would have liked this month, but I think that next month I will get to more since Paul will be gone.
Not much else is going on right now.  My life is somewhat boring at the moment.  I will post another recipe soon, I just have to get to it!  With things being so stressful lately, I've felt like I wanted to just lay in bed all day and not do a thing, but then I have a million and one things to do!  So here's to hoping the stress can go away and I can get everything under control.  I just have to think that everything will fall into place, and we will be going home sometime soon.  So I'm trying to be positive and look at the bright side of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>