Tuesday, March 2, 2010

February books...

This list is MUCH shorter than the last list.  I only read one and a half books this month.  They are slower reads, and a bit longer than the other books I read in January.  Plus life has been getting in the way and I've been trying to catch up!  So the books I read this past month were:

The Law of Nines by Terry Goodkind

I enjoyed this book, its kind of a newer version of his Sword of Truth series.  But you don't have to read the series to understand the book, it goes over a lot of things from the older series.  Its also not a part of the series in some ways and it is in others.  At first I was confused, but I guess Terry Goodkind is trying to have a more modern version of the same story out there.  Maybe trying for a different audience.  I still liked it, and will enjoy the next one, if he decides to write more, which I think will happen, but we'll see!

A Wedding in December by Anita Shreve

I read The Pilots Wife by her, and really enjoyed it.  So I figured I'd try out another one written by her.  In my opinion, it wasn't nearly as good.  It dragged in some parts, and confused me in others.  But once I got the hang of it, and got through half of  the book, I didn't want to put it down.  I do think its geared toward an older crowd though.  Would I recommend it...probably not, its not one that I would tell my friends they HAVE to read it or anything.  But its not a bad read either.

Yes, I only read 2 books in the month of February.  I have a few other books to read in my bookcase, and I really need to get through those before we move, so I don't have to lug them around if I don't want to.  I don't keep all of the books I read, usually I get rid of them, I do have a few that I've kept though...Harry Potter, Twilight, books I know the girls will enjoy someday.  This month, I'm hoping to get through about 3 or 4 books if possible, Paul is leaving at the end of the month for the field though, so I may end up reading more next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>