Friday, February 5, 2010

Veggie Pizza

When I pulled this pizza out of the oven, I thought...oh no, recipe fail.  But since I made it, and it was supposed to be my lunch, I needed to eat it.  I thought that it was going to be all soggy...but it actually turned out really good.  Soo...I did take pictures, because I was going to write all about the failed recipe..and since it actually turned out, I'll post the recipe too.  I will warn you though, because of all the veggetables in it, its a little harder to cut, if you have small pizza cutter, I strongly suggest you get a larger one.  I use the one that Pampered Chef sells, its large, and gets the job done perfectly.  Just make sure you have a big enough pizza cutter.  Also, be forewarned if you do make this recipe, when it comes out of the oven, with all the vegetables, it looks very...moist.  I really and honestly thought it was going to be a soggy pizza, but it really did surprise me, maybe its because of the bisquick.  Either way, here it is:


Very Veggie Pizza Pie
1 pckg (8 oz) sliced mushrooms (3 cups)
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 medium bell pepper, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced (I used two, because of my garlic fetish)
2 cups bisquick heart smart mix
1/4 cup process cheese sauce or spread (room temp.) (I used some cheese sauce for spaghetti that I found with the spaghetti sauce jars)
1/4 cup very hot water
1/2 cup pizza sauce
3/4 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
(I also added some turkey pepperoni onto this pizza, it really added a boost to the recipe)

Heat oven to 375, spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.  Heat a skillet over medium-high.  Add mushrooms, zucchini, bell pepper, and garlic and stir about 5 minutes, until veggies are crisp-tender.
Mix bisquick, cheese sauce, and hot water until dough forms.  Roll into ball; knead about 5 times.  Roll or pat dough into about a 14 in circle on cookie sheet.  Spread pizza sauce within 3 in of edge.  Top with veggies, pepperoni, sprinkle with cheese, fold edges of dough over mixture slightly.
Bake 23-25 min. until golden!



Like I said, this was a great recipe, and I was pleasantly suprised.  It was also out of my Money Saving Meals cookbook, here is the cookbook I've been using lately:



If you try this recipe, be sure to comment and tell me about it, and how it turned out for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>