Monday, February 8, 2010

Things to do before we move...

We are moving in 5 months!  I can't believe it, I'm so happy, and a little bit sad at the same time.  Happy to be back in the states, sad to leave the great friends I've made here.  But that means that we...or Paul has a LOT of things to do before we leave.  Especially since he's leaving for Graf in March and not coming home until May...joy.  We are trying to squeeze in as much as we can before he has to leave.  As of right now, he has about a month before he leaves, so we are doing what can be done on our end.  This week we are going to go to the ACS Smooth Moves class, and  check that out.  We are also going to be working on things around the house to get done.  Me personally, I've gone through the girls rooms, gotten rid of toys, no more birthdays for a while, so that means no more extra toys for a while.  I'm sure as it gets closer, I'll go through their toys again.  I did just go through all of their clothes too, got rid of a bunch!  I went through all of the girls books last night too, so now I have a pile of books to get rid of.  I also went through all of my clothes, and my bedroom things.  Now I guess I'm going to have to start working on the things in our living/dining/kitchen area.  I've been working on the cupboards for a while now.  I'm trying to get it to the point where we only have what we are eating in the cupboards and nothing more.  Sometimes I buy things for a recipe, we don't end up making said recipe, and bam...we have all of this extra stuff in the cupboards.  So I'm in the process of working on that one.
All in all, it keeps me busy to go through all of these little things.  I definately need to go through our board games, books, kitchen things, and then move onto the storage areas soon.  Seems like a lot, but its really not too bad.
Not only all of this, but Paul and I really want to visit some more places before we head out of Germany for good.  We are planning a trip to Poland again next weekend, so I can get more in my collection.  The last time I went, lets just say, Paul really should have been there.  I swear I could have started a store with everything I bought.  Paul is the one I go to when I need to ask if I should buy it, I may like it a lot, but it doesn't mean we need it, so he's my go to guy for that stuff.
I've also emailed a realtor in Fort Hood.  We are going to have to do some major looking around before we buy another house.  Its definately something we want to do again.  We bought our first house in Fort Carson, and we really enjoyed it.  Then we got orders for Germany and voila, we sold our first house.  I didn't know what to expect if we were to rent it, so I didn't want to try.  This time, after we buy in Fort Hood, we are planning on renting it out.  So we are looking for something that we can both live with for the next few years, but that is also easily rentable.

I'm really excited about our impending move.  I'm also a little overwhelmed with everything too though.  I really wish we weren't moving in July, and we were moving sometime in May, as it stands we will have to ship our dog and cat off before we leave it looks like.  Another hassle of military life, the Army doesn't consider pets family, so they don't care whether you can take your animals with you or not, nice huh?  I wish we were moving in mid May, it would make things so much easier.  Plus in July, its going to be difficult because the girls will be unable to start school until we have housing, so that means they may end up starting later in the year.  I really wish things were more simple in the army, but its the army.
We are going to attempt to get out of here earlier, we are going to submit a request form, the worst they can say is no.  I have a few things up my sleeve that we could possibly get out of here a little early, but its all on who is the person in charge.  I'll definately let you know whats going on in that department.  For now, I'm sorry for my random rambling, just have to get it out there sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. If you fly Lufthansa into DFW their cargo hold is climate controlled and can take pets year round. Also United is another option. I was concerned when we arrived here in March 2008 that it was too cold to fly Minnie. Lufthansa was GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh thats great news. I'm going to have to look into that some more, that would be absolutely wonderful. I just can't get rid of my pets, and I wouldn't know what to do if they couldn't fly with us. Thank you for that information!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>