Friday, February 5, 2010

Lens or no lens??

My husband and I were talking the other day.  He asked what I wanted for my birthday, sure a few things ran through my mind.  But he divulged what he was thinking about getting me to make sure he got the right thing...a lens.  I have a Nikon D60 camera (its about the best I could get over here).  I'm not exactly sure if I'm going to stay with this camera, I might end up selling it and buying a different one later.  So I'm really not entirely sure that I want another lens.  Plus, I just don't really know if I'm a lens type of girl.  In other words, I'm not sure I'm going to want to say..."oohhh, let me grab my other lens, for this shot right now."  I'm a total and complete amateur picture taker.  I don't even call myself a photographer.  I love to take pictures of things, but its all very very personal.  Sure there are some things that I've taken really great pictures of, but for the most part, its just a little hobby of mine.  Should I take it to the next level though?  A lens is about 200 dollars.  Yes, I would like more zoom on my dslr camera, but I also have a regular digital that gets 24x zoom and still takes good pictures (not as great as my dslr, but good).  I haven't even read my Nikon D60 for dummies book yet.  I mean I did just get the camera right before Christmas.  Besides, I'm not entirely sure I want to stay with Nikon, when I do want to upgrade camera's.  Don't get me wrong, the d60 is a great camera, but I know I'll eventually want to upgrade to something a little better.  So I don't know what I'd like to do, right now, but I thought I'd put my thinking process out there and see if I could figure it out.  I think I'm going to tell my honey to hold off on the lens.  I'd love to try a different lens with my camera, but I guess right now I'm happy...then again...maybe I'd be even happier with a new lens??  Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>