Monday, February 15, 2010

Four day weekend...

Well, our Poland trip didn't go through.  We did manage to get up super early on Friday morning, we made it out to the autobahn...we even drove almost all the way to Ramstein (usually a 20 min drive)...then I decided that I was too darn scared to drive in those conditions and we turned back.  It was snowing like CRAZY.  The roads were really bad, I couldn't drive as fast as I wanted to.  Of course, we could have made it eventually, but I didn't want to risk dying...plus I was holding onto the steering wheel so hard that my knuckles were white and starting to cramp.

Seriously though, the normal 20 minute trip, there and 20 min. back turning into an hour and a half.  We left at 5 and didn't get back until 6:30.  I'm glad we came back though, it just wasn't the right time for us to go. 
My husband got a phone call from the radio station...he had entered a giveaway for a new phone, and he WON!  So we had to pick it up, he also had to talk to someone who was supposed to approve his paperwork for his time at BNCOC (basic non-commissioned officer course), I guess now its being called ALC(advanced leader course)...why they constantly change the names of things like that is beyond me!  Luckily we were home for that because he needed numbers from his paperwork.  So it was actually a good thing that we stayed home.  We even went up to the mall and hung out for a little while.

I'm still desperate to get back to Poland...helllooooo, I want more pottery.  Plus, we are leaving in 4 1/2 months...at least, I'm hoping we are leaving that soon.  I won't get this opportunity again.  Paul has his graf training coming up mid March-May, so we are trying to squeeze in as much as we can.  Biggest problem though, is that his 4 day weekends are few and far between sometimes.  I was really hoping that we would get to Poland this weekend so that we could use another weekend for something else.  I'm getting really sick of all the snow, and now that its preventing me from doing things I'd really like to do...its getting even more tiring.  I really thought that maybe we were past the snow, especially since last weekend it was all melting...then this whole week and weekend its been snowing almost nonstop.  We will still be going to Poland, I'm just not sure when, now...  =(

In other news, because it snowed so much, we basically hunkered down inside the house the WHOLE weekend.  We rented a bunch of movies though.  I finally got to see Star Trek, and Inglorious Basterds (fantastic movies), then the next day we watched Changling (which was a great movie too, but depressing), and 500 days of summer (a cute movie).  Last night we watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist (I thought it was really funny, and very cute), and today sometime, we are supposed to watch All About Steve..so lots of movies, and lots of inside time!  I love watching movies, I love doing things with my family, but I really want to get out of this town for a bit.  But its been a lot of fun.  I get to sip on my wine, and watch movies in the evening with my husband, and overall its been a great relaxing weekend.

So this week I'm going back to the gym again.  Snow, rain, or sun, I will be going to the gym on Wednesday (tomorrow I have a dr. appt).  That also means that Wednesday I'm going to weigh myself again...I haven't weighed myself in about a month, because I was really being affected by my constant flucuations and I wanted to stay away from it.  So I'll weigh myself on Wednesday, and keep a tally from there.  I'm going back to the gym, and we are going to start eating better again too.  I love eating out of the money saving meals cookbook, but my waistline really hasn't.  So things are going to have to change.  I can lose some weight before we head back to Texas, and I really need to.  My weight issue has been bringing me down lately, and I don't like being down.

Oh, I forgot about Valentines Day!  It was a fun day, Paul and I exchanged gifts, I got him a beer mug with an H initial inscribed on it.  He loves beer, German beer to be exact, and its a stein, and its personalized...and it was under $30, so it was perfect.  He got me a wii fit plus and some wrist weights...he knows I've been wanting that new video game, and I'm so excited to try it.  He also made me breakfast, lunch, and dinner yesterday.  He's so sweet!  Then he insisted that we rent romantic comedies instead of any action movies, and he drank wine with me last night too.  My husband is a very rare wine drinker.  All in all, it was a great day.  Oh, and I can't forget the most exciting thing of the night...the fire alarm in our building went off about midnight last night...it was rather annoying to say the least, but it was kind of fun going outside with all of our neighbors and laughing it off.  No worries, there were no fires.  Probably just faulty wiring, but it was still kind of fun, even if it was very very inconvenient.


Well, I think I'm going to go watch that movie now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>