Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rice Krispie Treat Hearts

In preparation for valentines day, I helped the girls make the cute little valentines, and I also made some rice krispie treat hearts for Sierra's preschool.  I enjoy making things, and I also enjoy feeling appreciated.  I know the kids love things like this, so I went ahead and made them.  I know, I'm just making more work for myself, but I don't mind in the least!

So I started with two bags of marshmallows, and some butter, threw it in the pot on low until the marshmallows were melting...

Not quite yet!


A little better


Much better!

Add a few drops of red food coloring...


So pretty and pink!

Now add a whole 12 oz box of rice krispie cereal to the pink marshmallows.
Next, you'll want to mix it all up really well, and transfer it to the very greased baking pan...


Make sure you grease your fingers too, so its easier to press it all down!

Now take your favorite heart shaped cookie cutter, and start your cutting!





Last but not least, let your hearts air out for about a half hour, then put into little plastic bags, and tie off with some yarn or ribbon!


You now have a perfect little valentines gift for kiddos...or adults!  =)

Happy Valentines Day!

4 comments:

  1. They are, I love rice krispie treats! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I saw this idea yesterday...so cute. I'll remember it for next year:)
    Congrats Steph you are a winner of the WholesaleKeychains.com Giveaway, I sent you an email!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I would have thought of this! I love making rice crispy treats and I have red food coloring in the pantry! This looks like a cute little treat. I will make a note of this for next Valentine's Day. =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>