Monday, February 21, 2011

Weight loss challenge (low fat/no fat)

Did I ever tell you that I'm certified in fitness and nutrition...you wouldn't know it from looking at me.  But I am.
I studied fitness and nutrition for about a year, thinking it would help me along in my own goals.  I may or may not be still certified, I believe that it is a once a year thing, but I still have the knowledge.  I know that calories in have to be less than calories out for you to lose weight.  I know that you should exercise, and eat well, and eat whole foods, not processed.  I know the things that I need to be doing.  Lately, I just haven't been putting them into effect.

I did well last week, I'm eating breakfast consistently with my coffee every morning.  I find that I'm actually hungry in the mornings, when I wasn't before.  I can tell that I'm beginning to have a little more energy throughout the day.  Maybe it was all that was needed was some breakfast.  My breakfasts are mainly just cereal, even when I don't feel like having cereal.  Its the easiest to get, sometimes making eggs in the morning is just a little too much for me, lol.  Overall, it seems to be working.  I did FINALLY weigh myself on Sunday.  So I have my weight amount, probably due to retaining water, I was up a lot more than I was today.  I'm going to keep a little chart for my Monday weight loss challenge days.

So this week, I am challenging myself to make more low fat/no fat meals.  When I go grocery shopping to get the low or no fat depending on what it is.  I still have some normal items in my cupboards and fridge, but this is a slow process.  I cannot just throw away the food in the house.  Hopefully it will get easier and easier, and we will all ease into this new way of life, slowly but surely.

Monday 2/21: -3.6 lbs

Pictures of encouragement!  This was in 2009, soon after my husband came home from Iraq.  We were at a ball with friends!  It was a lot of fun.  Please excuse the goofy looks, and the bathing suit tan, HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>