Monday, February 21, 2011

Book Lover Friends...

I love my books.
I have a special place in my heart for all books.  Good or bad, old or new, from Childrens books to Encyclopedias.  They all have a place.

A long time ago, I came across this website that you can swap out your older books with ones you maybe haven't read.  I didn't actually try it until we moved back to the states though.  I have been consistently using this site for a few months now, and I LOVE it.  So I wanted to share it with my readers.

Sometimes you don't get the newest books out there, sometimes you don't get the books in the best of brand new shape.  But you can still choose from thousands of books, some that maybe you've wanted to read for a while, some that maybe are newer and you don't mind waiting for.  Overall though, its a great website.

Books should be read, and passed onto others to read, they shouldn't collect dust on your bookcase...just my opinion.

In comes this website:Paper Back Swap

The basic gist of the site, is you input books that you no longer read, but someone may be interested in...I've listed everything from board books, to comic books on the site, and a lot of them are wanted.  Once someone requests your book, you ship it off, that person will tell the site when it has been received, and you get a credit for sending it.  You can then use that credit to get a book that you want.

If you sign up, you can input 10 books onto your bookshelf (doesn't matter what books they are, just books) and you get 2 free credits, so you can try it out for yourself and see if you like it as well.

I thought it was a great site though, and I've been meaning to say something, I just kept forgetting, so go check out the site for yourself.  I have so many books they are coming out of my ears now, and I LOVE it!  Ohhhh...and you can do this from an APO as well!  =)

Now go forth and read, my bookworm friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>