Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Birthday Festivities

When the world says "Give up," Hope whispers, "try it one more time."
I'm not sure who said this, but its a great quote!
It all began about two weeks ago.  The festivities of my birthday week began.  First, my birthday was in the back of my mind, I was only reminded by my Mom, when she mentioned that my birthday was in 3 days.  "WHAT?  No Way!   Ohhhhh yeah, I guess it is...huh."
Its funny how when you get older, your birthday just doesn't matter as much anymore.
So began the festivities.  The week prior my husband got me a fantastic beautiful pink Coach purse and matching wallet.  I feel like a very lucky girl.  Nobody has to know that it came from a thrift store, or that we got it at a great price.  It was brand new and on consignment at said thrift store, but still.  Its all me, the pink I love, and large enough for my uses.  
 Please excuse my messy car (oh and all pics were taken with my phone...so they aren't as pretty as they could be)
My awesome friend Michelle, took me out for a day of nothing but girls day, and I LOVED every minute of it.  No kids, no husbands.  Just girls.  We went to the outlet mall near Austin, we had lunch, we went to Ikea, World Market, and then back to her house to watch a movie. (Eat, Pray, Love(BTW-cute movie, the book dragged a little, but the movie was entertaining)).  It was awesome, and I felt like I could conquer the world after that.  Its always nice to get away from the norm sometimes.
 Gorgeous Coach purses...cheap!!
 Showing the hubs the cute purses...lol
 Guess how much I paid for this adorable coin purse!?  Originally 39.00, down to 13 bucks!  SWEET!  I mean hello, it IS a Coach, you expect to pay a lil more for quality right?

The restaurant we visited near Austin...review coming soon for this.
HOW super cute, I LOVE these, but I am convinced I can find them cheaper than 9.99.  Not sure if its a pipe dream or not, but I love them, and want to find some cheaper than these, still they are ADORABLE!
On Friday, my hubby and I went to Red Lobster, where I enjoyed some coconut shrimp, it was a lot greasier than I expected it to be, but it was yummy.  I was only able to eat half of it, which is NOT a bad thing.  Then we ran errands and just spent time together.  Saturday, we had many errands to run, and we got some food for our lil gathering of friends.  We played Last Word (very fun game btw), and watched some hilarious Wipeout.  Just plain celebrating my birthday.  Michelle also gave me some yummy Lindt chocolates, a gorgeous hot pink wine glass with the letter H (for my last name), a new cartridge (that is soooo super CUTE) for my cricut, some balloons, and some very pretty paper to use with my cricut as well.  I am so excited to start using it all, and she spoiled me, lol.
The girls each got me a gift as well.  Autumn chose an angel figurine...that I asked her to hold onto for me in her room, she loved that idea!  Sierra got me some faux roses, and Paul chose to put them in a lil vase with some clear rocks.  Very very sweet.  My parents both gave me checks to spend as I wanted.  I also received a golden necklace from my sis in law, and a dvd collection from my parent-in laws.  Overall, great Saturday, and then we moved onto Sunday...

Paul had to work on Sunday, so I took the girls out to IHop, then we went to Michael's, and Target and just shopped around.  Came home, watched Megamind, and ate junky, craptastic foods, lol.  
 There was a lady making balloons at Ihop for a charity...so the girls got some cute lil balloons
 Hard to tell that this is a butterfly
 My fun new flour, sugar and brown sugar jars.  Going to put some cute vinyl chalkboard things on them...wee!

Yesterday was a great day as well.  First my grandmother called me, that was a nice surprise.  Then I was able to talk to my stepmom, she is one of my best friends, so its always nice to chat with her.  I spoke with my Mom as well.  I also went to El Chico with Michelle, which was definitely fun.  After lunch, I made my way over to Cost Cutters, got my hair did, and I am LOVING it.  Its so much lighter now, and I don't feel the need to put it up at all times!  
 I decided that I looked too fat to post a pic from the front, and yes I was kind of driving, stopped at the Punishment light near our Walmart.  Love the back though, lol.
I also got a cupcake of flowers from another one of my awesome friends!!  =)
 The bottom was leaking a lil, so I put my cute towel I got from Target under it.  Aren't the flowers pretty though!!

There is something to be said of military wife friends.  Sometimes you make friends that will last a LIFETIME.  I have been extremely very blessed to have so many wonderful friends everywhere.  I am so grateful to them!
Overall, it was a fantastic birthday week... weeks.
I can't wait to see what this year holds for me!  I think this is going to be my year.  Things are going to look up from here on out.  Changes will be made, and everything will be for the best.

1.) One of the first things on my agenda...is to STOP PROCRASTINATING.  I NEVER used to procrastinate anything, and nowadays I find myself doing exactly that.  I need to get a move on, and stop it.

2.)  I really don't care when, or how, or anything, but I need to start my workout regime again.  I always feel so much better when I work out.  Even if its for only 10 minutes, its better than nothing.  I am really overweight right now, I hate the way I feel, and look, it just makes me want to be a homebody, and its hurting my relationships with other people because I don't want to get out as much.  I have a treadmill, and an array of workout dvds, so I need to work on this.

3.)  We as a family need to start eating better.  Since we came back to the states, we have thoroughly enjoyed picking our way through fast food, and restaurants out.  While its been fun, it needs to stop, or at least really slow down.  Eating out 2x a week is not conducive to us eating better, or to me losing weight...so two birds with one stone!!

4.)  I need to break Sierra of the babying habit that I have.  She is a DRAMA queen, and its starting to affect her school life.  She's also been bad at school lately.  I'm not sure why, I think it may have to do with the fact that Paul and I baby her a little too much.  She's sensitive, much more so than Autumn ever was, so when I'm hard on her, its nothing like I was on Autumn.  I was much harder on Autumn, but I think she's well behaved for that reason.  Not saying I am a mean Mom, I was just harder on Autumn than I have been on Sierra.  Sierra is a very good girl, social butterfly, and so sweet your teeth will rot, BUT lately...she hasn't been listening very well, she's been getting into trouble at school and at home for acting badly, and isn't doing her school work on time.  Autumn has ADD, I don't think Sierra is in the same boat, I think that we are starting to treat her more like we did Autumn, and she's acting out because of it.  Its the only thing I can think of that is happening.  Kids don't usually act out for nothing, and I think this may be IT for her.  I doubt she's feeling the stress of the impending deployment of Daddy, because we aren't even there yet.  I have mentioned it, but I don't feel that that is the cause of the drama.  It may be because he's not been at home a lot since he's in the field more, but again, I don't think that is the issue either.  I need to find out the root of what is causing her to act up though, so I can hopefully, remedy what I can.  She's not a baby anymore...=(

5.)  My dog, Lexi is FAT.  I'm not talking overweight...I mean HUGE.  For a dog her size, she is ginormous, she snores, she grunts, she walks around the block and as soon as she's in the house its naptime.  She's not even that old, but she's HUGE.  I would like to get to the point where I'm walking both of the dogs around the block twice a day.  I have the time, so I should be able to manage that.  If nothing else, one of Autumn's chores is going to be to walk Lexi around the block after school.  No big deal, its a small walk, but its at least SOME exercise.  Us humans aren't the only ones who need exercise, lol.

Those are my goals for the year.  I was born on the 28th of February, and I'm 28 this year...so this has to be the year that things change for the better.  =)

P.S.  If you got this far, thank you for reading, lol!
 

1 comment:

  1. Awe!!! I loved reading this, even though I was Part of it, I still like reading your Blog. :) I am blessed to have you in my Life and I am glad that the stars aligned to bring us back together again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>