Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not enough...

There is really just NOT enough time in the day it seems.  I've been down for about two weeks now.  I started off with just a bad cold that had me out for a week since Christmas eve.  Then just when I thought I was feeling better, my throat started getting sore.  Ugh.  Went to the Dr. and I had/have strep throat.  So between my being sick, and trying to stay away from everyone in the house, as well as attempting to keep some of this place clean, I have been busy.  None of my "goals" for the year have been worked on....well except for the money one I guess.  I can surf the internet all day sometimes.  Lately, I have felt that there just isn't enough time in the day.  I'm trying to get myself organized, and simplify, I'm also trying to make sure that I cook the foods that I had planned on cooking before I got sick, so that it doesn't go bad.  I hate throwing away perfectly good food don't you?  And weight loss...pshhht!  LOL.

So I'm slowly getting better.  I got some penicillin pills, and have been taking four every single day (a hard task for someone not used to taking that many pills in a day).  I've also been trying to catch up on my facebook, coupon sites, email, cleaning, and everything else.  I love to drink my coffee and search the net.  But it ends up taking a lot longer these days.  I am apart of so many couponing sites now, and crafting blogs.  Don't get me wrong, I love it, but its beginning to feel rather overwhelming.  Not to mention, its the new year, and what does that mean for the military wife?  Well, if your husband isn't already deployed, it means training and preparing for deployment, or it could mean him coming home, or him just being home.  But it usually is one of those three.  For me, it means preparation for him leaving sometime this year.  We just got news that my husband got the lucky news that he will be going in the advanced party.  This isn't really lucky news, it means that he will leave approximately 2-4 weeks ahead of everyone else.  Still, this isn't a 15 month deployment, so I've been through worse.  He may even have to be one of the ones that stays behind, and comes in later.  The last time he was deployed, he was one of the last of the unit.  Luckily, my bff's hubby was also coming in on the same flight, so I had someone to relate with, and still hang with before our hubs were both home.  This year is different.  I will be closer to my family, so that is a good thing.  Means my family is going to see us most of the year for holidays and what not.  It also means I'm going to have to make some more friends.  I have a few really great friends around town, but I love the socialization of military wives.  We all become a family of sorts, and I need it.  I'm the type of person that loves to entertain, and have a bunch of friends to hang out with.  So far, I have two friends who I luckily had before I even came to this post, but not much else.  Don't get me wrong, I have met people, but it takes me a bit to open up, and I just need more people in my life, lol!  So I need to put myself out there more.  I won't make many friends sitting in the house, lol.


So things are going to get busy in the Hirsch household.  I am working on being more organized this year too.  Last year, I started getting really horrible at remembering birthdays, and gifts to send.  I was slacking.  This year I need to get back to the old me.  I used to pride myself on the way that I was so organized, and debt free for the most part.  Now I'm in debt, and a cluttered mess.  Things are going to change.

 Too much stuff!
Still, there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day.  I've spent my morning, and my afternoon on the computer.  Checking emails, unsubscribing to the emails I get that I just delete most of the time anyways...I mean I'm sorry, but I don't need to know about the weekly sales that VS is having, especially when I can't even afford to browse, lol!  I've also been shopping for upcoming gifts that I can buy.  I found a perfect gift for my father in law.  And last but not least, looking at the couponing sites, and the crafting blogs.  First off, I have to save money, and why not spend .25 on shredded cheese instead of 2-3 bucks right?  I've become the person everyone dreads when they get in line at Walmart....yup, the coupon lady.  I'm not an EXTREME couponer...but I do enjoy saving my money.  Although, if I had a place that would double or triple my coupons, and I could get like $1,000 dollars worth of food for only $50 bucks, that would be pretty awesome.  However, I don't have a place or the space for all of that.  And yes, I would also donate it, but I'll just get what I need.  Thank you.

Then there are the crafting sites...eeeek!  I gotta say, people have some amazing ideas.  So much so, that I can rarely come up with my own, ha ha.  I want to learn how to do some glass etching soon, and I would love to make a valentines day wreath.  Speaking of Vday...what are your plans?  I think I'll make a special dinner for the hub and kids.  I'm buying my husband a new personalized bottle opener, and a personalized beer mug.  All for about $50 bucks.  He's been brewing his own beer lately, so I think this is a great gift for him.  I believe I will be asking for a steam cleaner...mine broke in the move, and even if its not a "great" Vday gift, it is something that I could really use, and its too expensive to buy it normally.  So there ya have it.  I have not posted any pics of my newest crafts or my newest recipes.  I forgot to take a picture of my artichoke, spinach pasta with grilled chicken, and sauteed mushrooms last night, but I will post the recipe later.

My day is running behind as it is, so off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>