Thursday, January 27, 2011

Another pantry cooking night...

Tuesday night, I had to have a pantry night.  I had some smoked turkey sausage in the fridge, and a bunch of random things in my pantry...here is what I came up with:

 Smoked sausage spaghetti stuff!

I boiled up a whole bag of spaghetti (saving some for whatevers for later), cooked the sliced smoked sausage on my skillet, added minced onion, minced garlic, and some basil for good measure (as well as some salt and pepper), mixed in about two cups worth of cooked spaghetti, added some stewed (and then chopped) canned tomatoes, and voila.


The verdict on this one was my kids liked it, but weren't thrilled with it.  My husband loved it, and I thought it was only OKAY.  Next time I would definitely add more tomatoes, and maybe some fresh basil.  I served this with a salad, and some steamed peas.  Oh and I made some homemade brownies for dessert.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>