Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year...

New Years Resolutions
Every year I make a New Years Resolution...or 8.  Every year, I get two or three of them knocked out, and have to move on to the next one, and then by the time its all said and done, I'm almost back to square one.  I knew a person who didn't ever make New Years Resolutions because she said that it never works.  Now that isn't true for me, necessarily, I've vowed to lose weight...and I've lost it, and then the next year I gained it back.  Or I've vowed to put myself out there more, so I do, and then we move.  Being a military wife, your world is constantly turning upside down.  So this year, I've decided to make my resolutions known to the world.  Hence, posting them on the blog.
Perhaps I'll be more accountable for them this way!
1) Post on my blog at least once a month  I know I get busy sometimes, but I thought I actually did a pretty good job this year, I posted once every month.  I didn't do much more sometimes, but hey, I'm getting the hang of this whole blogging thing!
2) Decorate my house!  One of my rooms is almost all the way decorated to my liking.  That would be my bathroom.  I love the way I've decorated.  I love the way it feels.  I want to do just a few more things in there, but its the one room that feels good to me.  So I want to work on decorating the rest of the house.  Maybe get some decent furniture for my room, and work my way through the rest of the house.  I am also going to be working on my crafts around the house and things, it keeps me busy, and I enjoy it, and usually ends up being things that I love.
3)  Exercise on a regular basis  I need to exercise....no I NEED to exercise on a regular basis.  I enjoy working out.  I need to keep it up.  5 days a week.  No if ands or buts about it.  It just has to happen.  To keep me healthy, to keep me happy, that's it.
4) Make healthier foods  I absolutely LOVE to cook.  Lately, I've been cooking whatever I want though.  I haven't been going for the fat free sour cream, or the reduced fat cheese.  I've just been buying sour cream or cheese as is.  There really is no difference in cost, and there isn't much of a difference in taste.  So why not?  Right!?  Right.  So I'm going to be cooking healthier, making better decisions foodwise.  I will also be cutting down our drinking.  We enjoy drinking most of the weekends, so we are going to be only drinking one day a week instead.  So that should help as well.
5) Last, but not least, pay off our bills!  Since coming back to the states, we have sunk into debt.  I hate saying that.  We have never owned credit cards up until this year.  And now, we have a mortgage (which I don't really consider debt per say), our van loan (that we had to refinance on when we came back to the states), a best buy credit card, a bank credit card, a lowes credit card, and now a walmart credit card.  With the car, we have a total of 22,700 dollars in debt.  That is just a horrible number.  Granted, we still do owe quite a bit on our auto loan.  I'm hoping to pay off most of the credit debt come tax time.  Then while Paul is deployed sometime next year, I'm hoping to pay off most of the car loan.  Obviously, I can't hope to pay all of it off, but most.  So by the end of next year, I'm hoping that the 22,700 is significantly lower.  I will do this, by doing what I've been doing lately anyway, COUPONING!  I am going to try to get the most out of our money, and hopefully the bills will start being paid off sooner rather than later.
I have another small goal, I'd like to take more pictures this year.  I always take quite a bit of pictures, but since we came to the states, I don't take nearly as many.  I need to get back into the habit of taking pictures.  I don't even care if its just of the dogs.  I want to take more pics!!  =)



Soooo...what are your resolutions?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>