Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Is it really such a big deal??

So I'm complaining...about myself.  My camera battery died today, so I went to go get my charger so that I could take pictures of my new crafties that I've been doing, and I couldn't find my charger.  So I went to run errands, and do what I needed to do, then I came home, and looked and looked....and looked.  I was really obsessed with finding it.  I tore apart the house, looked in every nook and cranny, tried the van, the car, the garage, my room, every place that I could have possibly put it (except the place that it is, obviously).  I just couldn't let it go.  I mean it is one of the cheapest things to lose, but I don't like losing things, and I can't think of anything that was of any significance to me, that I've lost in a very very long time.  I lost my phone at a party once, but my friend had it, so I didn't really lose it.  I am STILL having trouble letting it go.  I'm racking my brain trying to figure out where I could have left it.  Or even, when the last time I had it was.  I'm pretty sure that the last time that I had it was when I went up to my Mom's house for the state fair.  I didn't use it though, because it was raining and I didn't want to get rain on it, so I ended up taking my waterproof camera...(I actually have four different cameras) instead.  I do vaguely remember charging my good dslr camera the night before we left though.  Since then, I have no clue where it is.  I also somehow lost The Time Traveler's Wife dvd that I brought there, and a workout dvd that I brought there.  Now, I called my mom and of course she hasn't seen it.  I'm not sure she's really giving it the best look possible though.  I mean its something that I want, so I would really look for it, but if it was something the girls were looking for, I'm not sure I would be so into trying to find it.  Either way, it has not been found.  Before the fair day, the last time I remember having it was in St. Louis for Paul's brother's wedding.  I had it at the hotel, and I even called the hotel today to find out if they had found it.  I mean its really of no use to someone if they don't have the camera, so I don't think it was stolen.  I'm sure its just misplaced, but why in the WORLD am I obsessing so much about it?  I can get an off brand for about 5 bucks, the normal one would run about 30, still, its not like its the 600 dollar camera, or one of the 200 dollar lenses.  Hell, its not even one of the 40 dollar batteries, but I still can't seem to let it go.  I have a feeling that its in the same place as the dvd's.  Who knows where they are though!  I have searched high and low, and don't believe I can search anymore, sigh...
So onto bigger and better things.  I painted on Monday night, and I also painted last night.  Just some little decor for the girls' rooms.  I'm no Picasso, and I'm a complete perfectionist, so I feel that these may look like children did them, but hey, I think they turned out nicely, and my girls LOVE them.  That is what really counts right?  So yeah, there's my little vent, and here are the paintings from Mon. and Tues.  I'm going to do another little craft tonight!
 All hand painted, as if you couldn't tell, lol.  But at least Sierra loves it!

 Autumn loves hers as well.  I'm so happy!


BTW- yes, I have four different cameras.  The first one, was the first decent digital camera I ever had.  Its probably 8 years old now.  The second one, is a smaller version of the same type (12x zoom, etc.), its just smaller and lighter, and fits in my purse.  The third one is my water/freezer/shatterproof camera.  I use it probably second most.  Finally, my baby, my Nikon DSLR is the one I use 99% of the time.  I love it.  I need some more lenses, and a few other little things, but I do love that camera!  So while I have multiple cameras, I can still take pictures, I just don't feel that they do any sort of justice to any picture I could ever take.  So yeah, I'm thinking that $5 charger is sounding GREAT right about now!



And since I was taking pictures, and unloading them, I realized I never uploaded some older pictures from when we were in Germany, going to Europa park.  It was a great time, but I came across this picture and think it just looks pretty cool!!

1 comment:

  1. I stress about stuff like that, too. because the minute I replace it, it always turns up! This post got me thinking I probably need to charge my camera!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>