Monday, November 15, 2010

Ahhhh internet at my fingertips again...

Today has been BRUTAL.  Ha ha.  First off, WHAT in the world did I do before I owned a computer and had internet?  Sheesh!  As I've said before, my computer is still in pieces on the table, we are awaiting the part, but it is on its way.  Then Paul's computer restarted, and of course, he has this fancy fingertip thing on his laptop where you can't get on it unless his fingertip goes over the little fingertip reader.  So what does this all mean for me...well I was computerless today.  LAME!
I did manage to clean, do laundry, and watch a bunch of HGTV (love that channel btw).  Then picked up the kids from the schools, came back and read a magazine, yes a whole magazine.  Finally, I made dinner, which was AWESOME, recipe coming, but no pics, sorry.  My husband came home, and swiped his finger...now I'm stuck on the computer for the next few hours I'm sure.  I need to play catch up.  You see, I have this whole routine on my weekday mornings, I get the girls out of the house for school, then I sip my coffee and catch up on facebook, and the blogs that I follow (which is quite a few).  So now not only do I have to catch up on the weekends blogs (we were busy), but now I have to catch up on today's blogs.  Sigh....
Okay, now onto dinner.  Delicious.  First off I made some rosemary chicken, brown rice, steamed broccoli, and garlic butter breadsticks....
Brown rice is easy, I get the success in a bag stuff, and since I was microsteaming the broccoli, I did it on the stove.  The broccoli, I have a pampered chef micro cooker, and usually just throw some frozen veggies from Sam's in there and microwave them with a little water for 5-7 minutes.  Its easy and fast, and I don't have to pay for the pricey steamers (which are still great, but I get a HUGE bag of frozen veggies at sams for the price of ONE of those steamers).  The garlic butter breadsticks are from Pillsbury, which I had a .40 coupon for, so it was cheaper!  BTW, these are really really yummy.
Now onto the Rosemary chicken, talk about EASY peasy!  First, I took 4 chicken breasts, and sauteed them in my skillet.  Make sure its pretty warm before you throw your chicken in, it will seal in the juices.  I'd rather overcook than undercook my chicken, so I let it brown nicely on medium for quite a bit.
Anyway, while your chicken is cooking, mix up this handy sauce.
4 tsp vegetable oil
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1 tsp rosemary

Mix it all up.  When the chicken is done and nicely browned on both sides, take it out of the skillet, throw in your rosemary sauce mixture, let it cook for about a minute.  Then add the chicken again, turn the chicken on both sides so it really soaks up the sauce.  Let cook for a minute, and then you are done!!  A yummy, easy, fast, and mostly healthy dinner.
(I also made some blueberry muffins for dessert, yummmmmm!!)

I started on a new project.  I'm attempting to paint a table.  Its all streaky though, so I think I messed up. I'm going to have to see if I can salvage it.  Luckily it wasn't an expensive table, but I want it back, even if it looks quite ugly.  I'll post pics when I'm done.

For now, you get to see my girls after one of their Lowe's Build to Grow things.  If you haven't done this with your kids, its great.  The girls LOVE building their own toys, they are always proud of what they've done, and hey its something to do....oh and its FREEEEEEE!!  Everything is better when its free!

Okay, and off I go to play catch up!  Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm... that chicken sounds good!

    & I don't remember what I did before I got internet, but I'm pretty sure my house was a lot cleaner back then. I can waste hours doing nothing online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can waste hours doing nothing as well. I'm great at it, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>