Saturday, March 24, 2012

The week is flying by

Is it already Saturday?  Wow, this week flew by for me.  That's a good thing in many many ways.  One because its Saturday and who doesn't love a Saturday.  Two, I am that much closer to my husband coming home to me.  I can't wait.  Three, I get to spend time with my kids.  I don't have a little one at the house anymore, so I don't feel like I get to spend as much time with my kids as I would like.  Soon enough, they won't WANT to spend time with me, so I have to find creative ways to spend time with them right now.  I get lonely.  I have friends, but miss the ones that will come over at the drop of a hat.  I like spending time with people, I also really miss entertaining all the time.  Then again, I hate doing all the cleaning before and after, especially the dishes.  Instead of a maid, I just need someone to come over to my house to do the dishes everyday.  That would be great!
I've been losing weight this week, which is another great thing.  Down to 164.6...will I make it to my goal of having lost 100 lbs by my 8 mos surgiversary?  Only time will tell.  But its only two lbs away too.  I think if I give it my all, it could happen.
Found out that the girls made straight A's on their report cards again this six weeks.  I'm so very happy about that.  I love my smart little nerdy girls!  My oldest literally always has her nose in a book, and I absolutely LOVE it.  Sierra likes books too, but isn't always reading a book where ever she goes.  Its gotten to the point where I have to tell Autumn to pay attention to where she's walking because she might run into something while she's reading.  She reads during dinner...and that isn't a good thing either because it takes her so long to eat as it is.  I just don't have the heart to tell her to take a break from reading.  I'd much rather have my girls reading than watching TV, so it warms my heart when Autumn is sitting on the couch reading, while the rest of us are watching TV.
The dogs are doing well, the cat is always super sweet and curious, no changes there.  I ended up mowing the front and back yard, it looks great now, but I can tell, I'm probably going to have to do it again this week sometime.  The lawn isn't nearly as hard to do now that I've lost so much weight.  I would actually rather mow than do the dishes, lol.
So its another week down, another week closer, and I really can't wait to have him in my arms again.  The deployments are never easy, but it seems to get a little harder to be away from him the longer we've been married...

My nicely mowed backyard!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>