Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Okay okay...

I really really REALLY need to start blogging again.  I don't know why I haven't blogged.  Its not like I've done too much lately.  I guess I was just going through a rough patch.  You know the one, where you don't feel like you have any friends, and you just want to feel sorry for yourself.  Yeah, that's the one that I was in.  So I feel better though.  Things are settling into a normal pattern.  We are figuring out how to live stateside again.



Lets see, updates.  Autumn is doing well in school, but we did have to put her back on her adhd meds.  We had taken her off of them during the summer to see how things went.  We weren't making her do her school work, but she seemed to be doing well.  When school started, I asked her teacher to keep an eye on her.  Within about a week, her teacher gave me a call and updated me.  I decided to put Autumn back on her meds.  Since then, she is able to pay attention at school and is able to do her work in a timely matter.  I was really hoping she was growing out of the whole adhd thing, but the meds help her, so I want what is best for her.
Sierra is just as dramatic as ever.  Same little turd.  She started kindergarten, and can't get enough of school.  She's really enjoying herself.  She's talkative to a fault though, ha ha.  Oh, but she is still the sweetest kid, giving everyone that she's ever met once, a great big ol' hug when she meets them.  She lost her very first tooth the other day, and now has another loose one.  I guess my baby isn't really my baby anymore huh?  She still likes to snuggle sometimes, and I'll take what I can get!

They are both taking the bus now, and I really thought I was going to apprehensive about this whole bus thing.  At first I was, but I've gotten used to it now.  I don't even come grab them, or drop them off at the bus anymore.  I guess it helps that the bus is only 3 houses down, lol.
Paul is doing well, finally getting acclimated into his new unit.  Its been slow going.  This unit is very small, only a handful of people.  So he's slowly making friends.  I think we should have a platoon party soon, at least if nothing else, just to meet some people, so we'll see how it goes. 

Me, well I've been trying to find hobbies to occupy my time.  With both girls in school things have been kind of boring.  I don't have a lot to fill my time.  So I'm finding things to fill my time.  I've been painting, making tu-tu's, making Halloween costumes, cooking a LOT, drinking coffee (I feel like an adult now, lol), working out, cleaning, doing laundry...yeah well, you get the point.  So I've had to find things to do.  At first it was rather difficult because I didn't have much motivation.  Then I guess something clicked and I stopped feeling sorry for myself.  Yesterday I painted a canvas, finished painting a decoration for Halloween, and made some tu-tu's, as well as finished an application for bath and body works, and cato.  I also put in an application for Petsmart.  I am trying to put my application out there to anyone that will take it.  So its going basically everywhere.  I have weird hours, so I'm not sure how that will work out, but I'm certainly going to try.

Crazy hair day at school!
Lexi is adjusting well, she's getting chubby and happy.  Brody is also doing well, again, getting fat, but he's enjoying our new house.  Bella is getting along very well with Lexi.  Paul and I joke that we didn't get the dog for me, but for Lexi.  They are totally bff's!  But Bella does prefer me to Paul and the girls, not that she's mean or anything, she just would rather snuggle with me, and be near me, instead of the others.  No problem, we got her so that I would have a puppy, and she's a very good puppy to have!
 Bella, don't you love her blue eyes!

 Lexi!  Yes, we were dressing them up in their Halloween costumes!! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog & for the encouraging comment! I look forward to reading through some of your older posts if/when I have a minute to myself! & your daughters are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>