Monday, October 25, 2010

Good morning Monday...

Have you seen the new letter art that is so trendy and popular lately?  I have, and I am absolutely in LOVE I tell you, LOVE!  I want one that has our last name on it to hang in my entryway.  I love the black and white pictures turned into letters, it all is kind of magazine rapist murderer crazy, but in black and white, and super cute, lol.  Seriously, I saw these letters and thought...well I could do that.  I looked around at prices ect.  I'm not spending upwards of 50.00 on something that I can do myself.  Soo I went through some of my pictures the other day and found a few that I could turn into letters.  Problem is that I haven't taken enough pictures with my good camera of just outside things.  So I think I'm going to talk my husband into taking me to a downtown area in Austin, and let me just take random pictures.  I think it would be fun.  My husband doesn't think so, lol.  He would be willing to go with me, but...he probably won't be too thrilled with me just lost in my own little artsy fartsy world, ha ha.  It is one of the major things I miss about Germany.  The absolute BEAUTY that is pretty much everywhere.  I couldn't wait to get back to the states, and I'm grateful to be back.  I do miss the beauty though.  I just can't get that same beauty in Texas.  There are beautiful things in Texas, but just not exactly where we are.  You don't think of Texas, and automatically think beauty.  You might of Rome, or Colorado, or the Florida coast, and I am a strong believer that beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and don't get me wrong, I've come across some gorgeous things in my time in Texas, just not much that I've taken pictures of.
I miss taking pictures of the greenery, the architecture, the old world wonder.  There is so much history in Germany, buildings that have been around since the 1600's.  Yeah I can't really get that around here.  So, I miss parts of Germany.  I knew I would, but I didn't think I'd miss it quite as much as I do I guess.
Anyway, back to my letter art topic, I went through some old pictures of mine and found some that I could turn into my own letter art.  It will take me a bit to figure it out and get some good ones, but I'll get there.  I'm going to work on our last name and see what happens.  That way, when someone comes into my house, and enjoys the letter art, I can say with pride, that I took ALL of the pictures myself.  So without further ado, here are some of my favorites!!  (Most of these are cropped to get the letter I wanted)

 A: I took this one in Worms, Germany
 B:  I took this one at a playground in Germany
 D: at a church in Germany
 E: Again, another church
 H: Paul actually took this one at a paintball field of all places...here in Texas!
 I: another from Worms, Germany
 T:  I need to work on getting this one darker, but this was on the side of a church to show the dates it was finished the first time
 V: this was near the hotel on the post that we were at in Germany.
 G: this is actually my dresser, lol.
 T: between two photos
A: This is our shed out back right now.

What fun things are you taking pictures of this week???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>