Friday, December 24, 2010

The Last Song

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

This was a very good book in my opinion.  I have to take Nicholas Sparks somewhat sparingly though because of the fact that almost all of them are loves stories, with a tragedy somewhere in there, and then happiness by the end.  I almost always cry when reading them, and I don't like to cry all the time.  I don't think that they are the same books, just a similar story, so once a year is good for me.  Still he always writes with a passion, and I do enjoy that.


This book was about a teenage girl, who is rebelling against life in general.  She doesn't want to go visit her father, but her mother forces her to go for a visit.  She ends up having a wonderful summer, falling in love with a boy in the area.  Learning more about herself than she ever though possible.  Then tragedy strikes.  Things aren't seeming to work out the way she wanted them to.  She ends up staying longer with her father than anticipated, but she is enjoying it.  Finally she goes home and becomes the woman that she wasn't in the beginning.  I could relate to this book.  I was a rebellious teenager at one point, and now I'm finally grown up too.  Even if I don't want to be all the time, I've grown up to the point that I realized the error of my ways.  So relating to this book was easily done.  I was smiling, crying, and falling in love, myself.  So overall, as with all Sparks books, this was a hit.  I can't wait to see the movie.

I have many more books to catch up on.  I was lucky enough to visit half price books and pick up a few more.  I've also joined this site called paperbackswap.com.  I love this site.  I enter books that I've read, ship them out, receive a credit, and then can get a book that I want delivered to me.  It works for me.

My next book that I'm reading is One For the Money by Janet Evanovich.  I've heard many great things about the whole Stephanie Plum series from a few friends of mine, so I've been eagerly awaiting a chance to get them.  So I ordered this one, and have started reading it as of two nights ago.  So far so good!  Have a great and wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>