Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Failing miserably...

at keeping up with my blog.  =/
Weight loss is going well, still losing about 10 lbs a month, which is fine by me.  Sometimes I feel like I am getting away with something though, and cookies are evil, just saying.
Life since R&R is back to normal, the kids are back at school, I am back to doing things around the house and enjoying my quiet time.  I am purging the house of things we don't need or want anymore.  I'm also doing a thorough cleaning of the house, kind of like a spring cleaning, I'm just getting started very early.
Goals for the New Year?  I need to start working out consistently again.  I've never NOT worked out and lost weight before, so this is all new to me.  I WANT to start working out again, its the motivation to actually DO it that I am having an issue with lately.  Its funny, because I used to be the one practically living at the gym, and now its like pulling teeth to get in an actual work out.  Maybe I'm just getting lazy because I'm seeing weight loss on the scale.  Still, I need to tone.
Organizing my house.  I'm getting sick of the clutter, if someone said to us that we have to move in a month, which can happen with the Army.  We wouldn't be able to do it.  We'd have to take a bunch of stuff with us that we don't need, and that is a no go for this girl.  So I'm slowly going through everything in the house and purging the things we haven't used, don't need, or just don't want.
Waking up and staying up...yeah, lately, I've gotten into this awful pattern of going to bed late, and not waking up until late.  So I'm doing my best to get up with the girls...now I need to work on staying awake and not taking a nap in the middle of the day.  Its a vicious cycle.
Financially, I am trying to save up as much money as I can, so that we can take a Disney World vacation when the hubs comes home.  I've been wanting to go for quite some time now, and usually I save up enough money for us to do some cool vacation while he's deployed.  However, with bills, and credit cards that needed to be paid off, I've hardly saved anything this year.  It stinks, but I'm still hopeful that I can save up enough for us to be able to go.  Our 10 year anniversary vacation is getting lower on the list though.  We were thinking about heading to Cozumel, Mexico for a "honeymoon" since we didn't get one when we got married. I just don't think we can afford to do both, and personally, I'd rather go to Disney World with my kids and husband.  I wouldn't have to find someone to watch the kids and the dogs, and it would just be easier all the way around.  So, I'm couponing again, and trying to be as frugal as possible.
Since surgery, I've noticed, I've not cooked as much as I used to.  I'd like to get back into the habit of actually cooking more.  My father in law came for a visit a few days ago, just a quick on as he was passing through, and I made a brisket.  He wasn't feeling well and didn't have any.  So the girls and I have been picking at it here and there, but we've not made a dent.  It was a 5 lb brisket, so I'm going to have to probably freeze half of it.  The draw back to me not eating an adult amount of food (the girls can still eat more than me, lol), is that we always have leftovers.  I wish I had someone else to cook for sometimes.  Other times, I don't mind being lazy, lol.
I also want to blog more.  I kind of "blog" to my husband about my day and if I could just get that on my actual blog, it would be great.  I need to blog because it makes me feel better, I can work out my issues when I'm writing about them, and I enjoy the feedback.
Life is floating by.  About 6 more months and we can welcome the hubs back with open arms.  We've missed him a lot lately.  Not that we don't every time he leaves, but it just seems like we miss him more this time around.
Its the beginning of a New Year, and I hope this one is even better than last year.  I have a feeling that it will be.  =)

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

>